Property Assistant / Guide
Property Assistant / Guide
Effective Date: Aug 1, 2022 Effective Pay: $15.00/ hrly
Duck Bottom is seeking a Property Assistant / Guide. Looking for a self-motivated individual who has experience in a variety of manual labor for property upkeep, general facility/equipment maintenance, wildlife, and habitat management as well as hospitality. Primary duties include, but are not limited to, assisting the Property Manager with all areas of property upkeep as well as supporting the General Manager with activities preparation and guest entertainment through the execution of reservation activities such as trap/skeet/sporting clay shooting, guided hunting and fishing, historical property tours and much more.
- Assist the Property Manager with maintenance and general upkeep of 1,500 acres of outdoor property and infrastructure.
- Assist the Property Manager with vehicle and equipment inspections and maintenance.
- Property tours and inspections
- Assist the General Manager with the preparation and execution of reservation activities.
- Support and assist all Department Managers as needed.
- Follow and maintain a safe working environment at all times.
- 3+ years experience working in at least one of the following areas: farming, agriculture, recreational facilities operations/maintenance, or hunting properties.
- 3+ years of experience in hospitality, outdoor entertainment or hunting guide.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must possess a SC drivers license
- Boaters safety and operation experience a plus
- Must be able to lift heavy equipment up to and exceeding 50 pounds.
- Must be familiar with the upkeep, usage, and operation of all-terrain vehicles as well as farming implements and equipment.
- Must be able to troubleshoot problems and implement a resolution.
- Ability to work with high profile clients, work independently, and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively work alone with little to no direct supervision.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply skills with limited guidance
Physical/ Cognitive Activities:
This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities of the job so that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
- A majority of time will be spent moving about the property handling various products, lifting up to 50 pounds and interacting with staff, guests and outside contacts.
- Reading and writing are used while reviewing itineraries, requisitioning items and completing forms.
- The Property Assistant / Guide must be comfortable speaking with high-profile clients while maintaining a professional demeanor at all times.
- The Property Assistant / Guide must be able to speak clearly and effectively to staff utilizing problem solving, reasoning, training and counseling skills.
- Most work activities will be performed outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Will be regularly exposed to loud noises
- May be required to work unusual hours, weekends, and holidays.
- May be required to work evenings during peak season.
- Will be required to work in an environment that is fast-paced and sometimes stressful.
Reports to: General Manager
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour